When I was in college, there were many things that they did not teach me about being a teacher of young children. For instance, I was not taught about some of the things I would have to say to my students in the line of teaching social skills. Here is a list of 10 of the strange things I find myself saying on a regular basis.
- Stop chewing on your collar.
- Why is there a crayon in your nose?
- Why did you tie your shoes together?
- Stop poking people in the ear.
- This is a classroom not a mosh pit.
- Take your book bag out of your mouth.
- Why did you bite the button off your shirt?
- Stop turning your eyelids inside out.
- Please do not do back bends over your chair.
- Stop trading hair with each other.
Must update here with a bonus one that I said for the first time today:
Stop kissing your desk.